Thursday 29 March 2012

e5 bake house



Call me clueless, but I don't know how to make bread. It seems like it should be so simple, just a few ingredents, a lovely warm kitchen and lots of time and presto! an amazing loaf of freshly baked delcisouness.

Enter the E5 Bake House - a farily new addition to east London - this bakery established itself in the arches at London Fields and has quickly become one of my favourite hangouts. And recently, I discovered they are now offering bread making classes! Running on Saturdays from 11am until about 5:30pm, the class teaches you how to bake four different types of bread, all using the E5's famous wild sourdough and teaches you how to make and maintain a 'mother' for your own bread.

They are fully booked through May, but I'm on the wait list and come fall, you can bet that I will be a master bread maker.

E5 Bake House, Arch 395, Mentmore Terrace, London E8 3PH

No comments:

Post a Comment