Wednesday 18 January 2012

lovely letterpress








I love letterpress. I discovered this wonderfully tactile way of printing whilst planning our wedding and fell in love with it immediately. With the heavy weight of the paper, a limitless amount of creative design and the romance of using a process that has been around since the 1900s you can see why the technique is totally delightful.

The above are my top pics from the 2012 invitation collection by Bella Figura, a small US based company we used for our own wedding invites. Based outside Syracuse, New York, they use an original 1950's letterpress and (little known fact), paper made of cotton, created just for them by a 500 year old European mill. Amazing!

It's funny as when we were planning our wedding I had a strong preference for vintage designs. Now however, I love the modern, graphically strong designs with bold colour. What is your favourite?

Bella Figura

No comments:

Post a Comment