Monday 18 November 2013

i have arrived

 
 
After traveling for 17 hours, I finally made it to Peru! Landing at Jorge Chavez airport about 11pm, I was struck by the utter chaos around me. Hundreds of people were queuing for immigration, after which there were swarms of people picking through luggage in baggage claim. It took more than two hours, but I evenutally made out of the airport, into a taxi and arrived at my hostel.
 
My arrival all seemed far too easy, so I was not wholey unsurprised when the next morning, I turned up at the airport to find my flight to Trujillo had been cancelled. Unfortunately, the next available flight was a full 10 hours later...leaving me with an quite a bit of time to kill!
 
Not knowing what to expect, you can imagine my surprise when Taca Airlines offered to set up with a VIP transfer service to a lush hotel in Miraflores, an upscale neighboorhood in Lima, along with a free hotel room, lunch and shuttle service back to the airport for my new flight.
 
I ended up having a lovely day exploring Miraflores before finally making it to Trujillo. All in all, not a bad start to my Peruvian adventure.
 
Peru, so far, I am impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment