Thursday 7 July 2011

london in black & white




I'm not sure what the weather is like where you are, but in London, we are experiencing torrential rain showers. The weather makes lunch outside impossible, so today I decided to check out London in Black & White, a photographic exhibition at Tower Bridge.

The exhibition is shown across the two pedestrian walkways at the top of the bridge. Suspended 42meters in the air, the views you get of  looking east and west over London are amazing. The photos are mostly from the early 1900s and show life on the river as well as a history of the Tower Bridge.

I forget sometimes how spoiled I am to have so much rich history on my doorstep. To be able to pop out at lunch and take a tour of this amazing bridge is really quite spectacular.

It almost makes the rain worth it!

Tower Bridge Exhibition, tickets are £8

No comments:

Post a Comment